The customer is the single most important ingredient to success in
business. A customer wants to deal with a business that is responsive,
caring, knowledgeable and flexible. Meet these criteria and business
increases! Employees must see their jobs as a contribution to the
organization's total impact on your customers.
Customer Obsession Test
To assess if your business really cares about and is obsessed with your
customers, simply ask your staff to complete the following sentence:
"As a result of my coming to work, the customer benefits by..."
How does Customer Obsession differ from customer service?
- Thinking "customer" whenever you make a decision or establish a
- Serving the customer better then he/she ever expected - perception
- Creating a perception of value received - making the customer feel
good about doing business with you.
- Making your business one big customer service department that expands
your business, cross sells and secures new business
- Treating your customers as if your were going to see them every
working day for the rest of your life - at the end of each visit the
customer would then decide to buy something from you or one of your